3.10.2010

{week of CRAFT: day two}

So yesterday I had the ambitious plan to finish sewing a blouse that I had cut out the pattern for months ago.  It is a really versatile Built By Wendy pattern that was put out by Simplicity.  You can find it here.  I decided to make the whole thing from a blue chambray that I found on sale (hooray!).



Last night after work, I ended up getting dinner some friends and didn't make it home until 9-ish... needless to say, I didn't quite make my goal of finishing the blouse.  In my own defense, it is the first time I am ever sewing a shirt AND the first time I am making a garment for myself by myself (that is, if you don't count those square-shaped drawstring skirts, which aren't quite the height of fashion ;)).  So, I am extending the project through to this evening, too.  I'll let you know how it's going later!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by!