7.22.2012

birthdays and beers

Happy belated Birthday to the man I love!

Even though I had to work both days last weekend, we celebrated his 28th year of life over the course of a few days last week.

Late last week, when my dad was in town, we celebrated with family by going out to dinner and enjoying some german chocolate birthday cake afterwards at our house. The recipe was from my trusty America's Test Kitchen Baking Book, which never seems to fail in delivering successful and delicious confections of all shapes and sizes to our kitchen.

ATK German Chocolate cake, birthday style

out to dinner with the man of the hour

family to help celebrate!

I also tracked down some Boulevard Unfiltered Wheat, which just recently started being distributed in the DC area.  To find some near you, check out their awesome interactive beer finder.


1 comment:

  1. Love the dress! I'm behind in checking out Honeysweet! Great post. 

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by!