10.01.2010

ginger fried rice

When I need a quick, filling, feel-good meal, I often end up making some ginger fried rice.  All it takes is leftover rice (I prefer brown for nutrition reasons and for flavor!), a little fresh ginger, red pepper flakes, olive oil, and an egg.

Smitten Kitchen has a great little recipe here, but honestly, it's something that I usually just wing.  Sometimes I add different things depending on what's around or what I'm in the mood for...

Today I made it for a late lunch/snack and ended up breaking the yolk of my egg and smushing it all up into the rice.  It still tasted great, though.  I also cut the ginger instead of grating it -- but I really like a strong ginger flavor.


Never fail comfort food.  gotta love it.

Oh, and happy October!  We have beautiful, cool, sunny, breezy weather today here in DC :) How about you?

4 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious. I love the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds absolutely delicious. I love the dishes. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds absolutely delicious. I love the dishes. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious. I love the tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by!