3.15.2012

waffles and blueberries

waffles for two, with blueberry syrup and butter

Last Saturday morning, I made waffles with cooked blueberries.  I guess you could call it blueberry syrup or compote or something, but I like to call it bliss.  You just put fresh or frozen blueberries in a saucepan on medium heat and cook them until they're to your liking.  Sometimes I add some honey or some sugar, and I usually add a bit of water to thin it out a bit.  If you make sure to stir periodically, you really can't mess it up.  And it really is bliss atop fresh buttered waffles.

I can't wait to try the Yeasted Buckwheat Waffles Molly recently wrote about on Orangette.  Her pictures of food are beautiful and she says these waffles are killer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by!