9.07.2011

BAKED lately: popovers


I found this Cook's Country 'Perfect Popovers' recipe online via here.  You can get the recipe on the Cook's Country website only if you have access to the premium content.  Being a huge fan of Cook's Illustrated (much thanks to my wonderful in-laws), I went straight to them when I decided to make popovers a few Saturday mornings ago.

As per usual, the scientifically precise, tried-and-true guidance of Cook's did not let me down.  I borrowed the Smith popover pan, mixed up some batter, let it sit for about 15 minutes instead of (at least) 60, and they turned out just about perfect.  Just as the recipe promised.



Let me know if you try these!  They're amazingly good and are fun to fill with great things like butter and jam.  We kept our leftovers in a bag in the fridge and reheated them in the microwave, which worked surprisingly well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by!