6.16.2010

simply color.

This past Monday, Lauren Willhite debuted a column called Simply Color on Design*Sponge.  It features colorful home scenes (from real Sneak Peeks on D*S!), and Lauren matches elements in the scene to actual paint colors that you can buy at the hardware store, etc.  It seems like a great jumping off point for someone trying to decide what color to paint a particular room.

 I'm mostly just a sucker for pretty color combinations and sweet kitchen scenes like the one below.  It's interesting, because I think one of the reasons this kitchen looks so cheery to me is that it contains a surprising variety of color.  But if I were to pick a color scheme for a room, I probably wouldn't grab these paint swatches below.  Maybe that's why I studied Chemistry in college instead of Art.  :)

image from Design*Sponge

1 comment:

  1. how could you not be cheery walking into a kitchen like that in the morning?

    ReplyDelete

thanks for stopping by!