3.04.2010

warby parker

I've been wearing glasses since I was five years old and seriously don't know what I would do without them. Glasses are an essential accessory for me, and I have never dreaded wearing them (ok, except for junior prom; I braved almost the entire night without my frames for the sake of glamor. I was also blind to anything more than three feet in front of my face!). Since I wear my glasses every single day, I spend great lengths of time trying on 100s of pairs each time I go in search of a new pair.

My first pair was set of clear pink plastic frames, roundish-shaped and very cute. I vividly remember picking them out. I had tried on about 50 pairs, and they were all piled up on the optical shop counter, when I saw the pink beauties. I loved them -- they were girly and sweet (perfect for a kindergartner). But by the time first grade came around, I was ready to move on. In art class, I remember drawing a self-portrait with colored pencils, and in it, I was wearing my dream glasses: red. plastic. frames. So much more sophisticated than the pink.

Fast forward a few years... my tastes have become a bit more refined :)

AND now we grown-up, glasses-wearing girls (and boys) have a few more options... like the new online optical company Warby Parker. Here are a few of my faves:



{Harper in Summer Green}





{Webb in Crystal Matte}

In addition to being the great, flat rate of $95!!, the glasses are made of high quality plastic and come with anti-reflective polycarbonate lenses. The website is wonderfully easy to navigate and they have great options for guys too, including a monocle (if you're feeling like a real hipster).

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks for stopping by!